On the brighter side OpenSUSE 10.3 has 1-Click install -- a feature which makes installing software very easy, almost as easy as a mouse click.
OpenSUSE provides 1-Click install for most multimedia related applications and codecs for both Gnome ( ) and KDE (). To go through a simple wizard guiding you through the installation
process of some additional multimedia codecs where necessary, simply
click on one of the links icons above.
This will enable you to have:
- Latest Amarok (with MP3 Support) for KDE, or Helix-Banshee for GNOME users
- Encrypted DVD (libdvdcss)
- Extra xine Codecs, for MPEG-4 etc. (libxine1)
- K3b with MP3 Support (k3b-codecs)
- Win 32 Codecs (w32codec-all)
..as well as the option of installing (select Advanced mode at the screen) many more applications, including Opera, KMPlayer, Kplayer, MPlayer, Azureus, VLC, Codeine, and more.
Enjoy and say thanks to OpenSUSE developers.
If you happen to know of certain codecs that are not part of this package, please do let me know.